If you know me, you know that when I eat, I do not like my food touching. My hot food can’t touch my cold (or room-temperature food), my salad with dressing can’t touch other foods, I don’t like olives or pickles (or their juices) running into my chicken. And, even at Thanksgiving, I don’t mix my foods. I like my foods to be separate so I can taste their distinct flavors and so my foods do not get soggy.
So, when I found today’s product, I could not wait to try! It is a product called food cubby, which act as plate dividers on a clean, flat plate. It suctions to create a wall to keep “runny” foods separate from other foods. Not only does it act as a divide for foods, it also provides an “edge” to push food onto utensils without using fingers, or if you’re only able to use one hand to eat. As soon as I found the product, I said this was made for me!
The Food Cubby was conceived by then 6-year old Ruby to be an alternative to buying (and then tossing out) plastic section plates, that also don’t fit well in cupboards. I said to myself, “why didn’t I think of this?!”
Here is a bit more about the Food Cubby:
– is a curved silicone wall that suctions to plates you already own to separate food on a plate and keep runny food from spreading
– can also be used as an ‘edge’ to push food onto utensils without using fingers (and keeps food on the plate!)
– fits exactly 1/2 cup of food in its interior for portion control
– two can be used back-back on a larger plate to create four food areas
– is BPA free, phthalate-free, food safe silicone, that is dishwasher safe
– can be taken anywhere people go to eat!
It is $5.99 for one, $10.99 for 2, and $20.99 for 4. Shop for yours HERE!