Well this is a delayed post! However I wanted to be sure I provided you with the last “week” or the last week+ a few days of my month with Ina. I can’t believe an entire month went by and I stuck to my goal of making an Ina recipe every day. Well when I set a goal, I almost always achieve it. See below for the last few days of my month with Ina!
July 22: Crispy Mustard Chicken
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/crispy-mustard-chicken-fris%C3%A9e
- Cookbook/page: Cook Like a Pro; page 94
- Notes: I substituted butter lettuce for frisée because I went to three grocery stores and none had frisée. I liked it with the butter lettuce and will probably stick with it. The chicken was just how the name describes it – crispy!
July 23: Two recipes for National Tequila Day!
- Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/jalapeno-margaritas-6565528
- Cookbook/page: Make it Ahead; page 26
- Notes: Strong and a perfect tequila cocktail for any night! I only allowed my mixture to sit 2 hours because I kept tasting it and it was SPICY! I think I added double the jalapeño
Tequila Lime Chicken
- Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tequila-lime-chicken-recipe-1941250
- Cookbook/page: Barefoot Contessa Family style; page 84
- Notes: Loved this combo and especially the char the grill gave off!
July 25: Smoked Salmon Tartines
- Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/smoked-salmon-tartines-7983523
- Cookbook/page: Cook Like a Pro; page 246
- Notes: I LOVE this recipe, especially the sauce! Insert heart eye emoji here.
July 26: Blueberry Bran Muffins
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/blueberry-bran-muffins
- Cookbook/page: Make it Ahead; page 256
- Notes: I was a little worried these would taste “healthy” with the bran but they did not! I froze the extras and have been enjoying them when I’m craving a muffin.
July 27: Spanish Tapas Peppers
- Link: https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-spanish-tapas-peppers-recipes-from-the-kitchn-217156
- Cookbook/page: Make it Ahead; page 48
- Notes: I liked all of the flavors and color but next time I might only cut the pepper in half as I think the stuffing didn’t stay in the pepper as well as I would have hoped.
July 28: Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/tomato-avocado-salad-1
- Cookbook/page: Cook Like a Pro; page 159
- Notes: Easy, simple, healthy
July 29: Tuna & Hummus Sandwiches
- Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tuna-and-hummus-sandwiches-recipe-1924977
- Notes: These will be a repeat offender! I LOVE the hummus with the tuna.
July 30: Tomatoes and Burrata
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/tomatoes-burrata%E2%81%A3
- Cookbook/page: Make it Ahead; page 58
- Notes: Fresh in-season tomatoes with creamy cheese and some EVOO, you can do no wrong.
July 31: Chicken Thighs with a Creamy Mustard Sauce
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/chicken-thighs-with-creamy-mustard-sauce
- Cookbook/page: Cook Like a Pro; page 90
- Notes: You’ll see a theme in this week – there are 2 takes on chicken and mustard. When I was growing up, family ate (and my mom and dad still eat) Chicken Dijon once a week. The crispy chicken on July 22 was the most similar but I like this “loose” and saucy version.
Favorite dish of the week: Tie between Smoked Salmon Tartines and Tuna & Hummus Sandwiches!