So if you didn’t join me last week, I am challenging myself to cook an Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe every day this month. I’m 7 recipes down and have 24 to go but it is fun so far! If you want to see me post daily, follow along on my Instagram (@newsforchews) but see below for a roundup of all of last week’s recipes. And be sure to scroll to the bottom to see what recipe this week was my favorite!
July 1: Flag Cake
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/flag-cake
- Cookbook/page: Barefoot Contessa Family Style; page 156
- Notes: If you want one of the best cakes I’ve ever tasted, MAKE THIS! Of course you don’t have to make it look like a flag and can add your choice of frosting (chocolate if you want)!
July 2: Fiesta Corn & Avocado Salad
- Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/fiesta-corn-and-avocado-salad-6565573
- Cookbook/page: Cooking for Jeffrey; page 76
- Notes: I make a lot of corn salads in the summertime but I loved the addition of jalapeños in this one!
July 3: Grilled New York Strip Steaks
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/grilled-new-york-strip-steaks
- Cookbook/page: Make it Ahead; page 118
- Notes: A little overdone but still good. I also cooked it on a regular grill rather than using charcoal so next time I won’t cook it as long.
July 4: Aperol Spritzer
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/aperol-spritzer
- Cookbook/page: Cooking for Jeffrey; page 22
- Notes: A summer classic that can never go wrong.
July 5: Country French Omelet
- Link: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/country-french-omelet
- Cookbook/page: Back to Basics; page 226
- Notes: I’ve never had potatoes in my omelet but this was delicious. I usually like a bit more veggies in my omelets, but next time I can roast some veggies on the side to add to the omelet. I liked cooking the potatoes in the bacon fat because it added a depth of flavor to the dish.
July 6: Farro Tabbouleh with Feta
- Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/farro-tabbouleh-with-feta-5478474
- Cookbook/page: Cook Like a Pro; page
- Notes: This recipe will be on repeat!
July 7: Tomato Carpaccio
- Link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tomato-carpaccio-3559842
- Cookbook/page: Cooking for Jeffrey; page 52
- Notes: I loved the dressing on this salad! It came together quickly after a long day at work, working out and grocery shopping. If you’re on the hunt for a health and fresh side, make this!
My favorite recipe from the week: Flag Cake
Until next week, stay hungry…