Happy 2018!! Hope everyone had a great holiday and their 2018 is off to a great start! Knowing that I have been a bit absent from the blog recently, I wanted to let you know that one of my New Year’s resolutions is to post at least two times every week. I am actually aiming for three, but if I post twice, I will be happy and hopefully YOU will be happy!
First up this week is a Tuesday’s Tip. I use my food disposal a lot, but there is a list of foods that shouldn’t go down the disposal for fear most of them will clog the pipes. See below for a list of foods that is off-limits from putting down your disposal!
- Pasta and rice because the foods swell even after cooking
- Bones, fruit pits, and seafood shells because it is hard for your disposal to break them up
- Fibrous veggies (asparagus, onion, kale, lettuce, celery, artichoke) because they can tangle around the blades
- Potato peels because they turn into a gluey mass inside your pipes
- Chicken skin because it can clog the plumbing and stink up your sink
- Produce stickers because they can stick to the blades or insides of your pipes