Hope everyone had a great long weekend! On Sunday, one of my friends made me an amazing poached egg and I realized that the only time I poach eggs is with poachpods. I watched carefully as she made me a poached egg simply in boiled water. So, hence today’s tip.
Steps to perfectly poached eggs:
1. Boil water
2. Add 1-2 tsp of white vinegar or vegetable oil to water
3. Crack egg in separate bowl
4. Once water is boiled, turn down to simmer
5. With a spoon, spin the water
6. Add egg to the spinning water
7. Cook egg for about 3-5 minutes
8. Remove egg with slotted spoon and enjoy!
We placed our eggs over a slice of toast, tomato, and a bed of spinach! Yum.
Remember, for a better poach, the fresher egg the better!